Friday, May 29, 2009

The Frogs - They are a' Croakin!

Have you ever felt SO stupid about something?

I am there, right now!

For the life of me, I have yet to get a toe up sock to work.

First attempt: Nanners Sock



The pattern was gorgeous and was working - but the YARN was a PAIN!! It split, it un-twisted, it was NASTY! I know some folks love this yarn (and I LURVE the worsted version of this yarn) but I won't ever buy the sock yarn again.

Second attempt: Plain Vanilla Sock



Looks good, huh?
You didn't see the heel.
Yes, I have a high instep. My feet felt like a size 20 body that had been stuffed in a size 10 girdle. UGH! I tried to rip it out to just the mid-point, but ended up ripping it all the way back.

So, here I sit.

I THINK I know what I did wrong and how to fix it, but I'm catatonic right now. I may work up the courage to try again. Tomorrow...

No comments: